Pages

Monday, October 5, 2015

Science 7- Quiz Results

Friday's Microscope Quiz wasn't quite as easy as I'd originally thought. Or was it? Although we did have some good grades on it, I'm convinced that many students still aren't taking these things seriously and preparing as they should.

My first clue? On a day when we're having a test or quiz, when I walk into the room, I should see students reviewing their notes or quizzing each other. I didn't see that on Friday. I'm sure that there may have been one or two students who were doing what they needed to, but they were easily overlooked in the confusion in which the rest of the class was engaged. Even after attendance had been taken, the conversations persisted until I called class to order, reminded everyone of the quiz, and gave everyone 5 minutes to study.

ANYWAY, the quiz is done. It's time to refocus on the future. If your quiz grade wasn't what it should have been, you have until THIS THURSDAY at 3:15 to retake it. Which brings me to my next topic.

Many students have chosen not to retake quiz 1 and/or quiz 2, even though there have been consistent reminders. I told everyone that if this is the choice that you've made, then these are the consequences you've chosen, as well:
1) The failing/inadequate grade will remain, and
2) Parents will be notified of your choice.

ParentsProgress Reports will be sent home with the students tomorrow (Tuesday, Oct. 6). Please review them with your student, sign and date them, have the student sign them, and return them to school with the student on Wednesday, Oct. 7. Turning in the completed Progress Reports on time will earn the student an "easy" 100 as a quiz grade. If the Progress Report is turned in after two days, the grade drops to a 75. On Friday, Oct. 9, the grade will be 65. After that, the grade will be 0.

Today, we'll be going over and correcting the quiz. After that, I'll demonstrate the technique for staining a wet mount slide without removing the cover slip.

No comments:

Post a Comment